This exciting new curriculum will help build a foundation of Biblical truths in the hearts of children. “Big Truths for Young Hearts” is a 52-week lesson series based on the book ‘Big Truths for Young Hearts’ by Bruce Ware. In this book, Dr. Ware unpacks the riches of God’s word in a systematic way designed to help kids to grasp of the big picture of who God is and all He desires us to know through His Word.
Two Purchase Options
- Unit #1 Only with 9 powerful Bible lessons
- Complete 5 Units with 52 powerful lessons: Unit #1 will download immediately and lock in our pre-order price on the remaining units. (SAVE 17%). We will contact you as they become available in Fall 2021 and First Quarter of 2022. Production timeline: Unit 2- Sept 13. Unit 3- Nov 15. Unit 4- Jan 17. Unit 5- March 21.
This year-long curriculum series takes the concepts, or the BIG TRUTHS, presented in the book and provides teachers, parents, and churches with all the resources they need to proclaim those truths to the children in their lives.
The curriculum units follow the chapters in Dr. Ware’s book. A list of the units in this series is found on page 6. The hope is that churches would teach straight through the materials, as in many ways the units do build on each other. But the units are also written in such a way that you could easily teach them as a stand-alone curriculum. A full scope and sequence of the materials is available to download from the Sunday School Store.
In Unit 1, we look at the foundational big truths of the Christian faith, who God is and how He introduces Himself to us through His Word. By taking the time to really get to know the God of the Bible, children will begin to see who they are in light of God’s perfection. This will lay a great foundation for the truths in the rest of the series.
Age group: Elementary – K-6/ ages 5-11
Unit 1 Lessons:
God Has Made Himself Known
- Text – Genesis 1
- God introduces us to Himself through creation
- Main Point –God Introduces Himself to us
The Bible is God’s True and Lasting Word
- Text – 2 Timothy 3:16
- God speaks through the Bible
- Main Point – The Bible is the Word of God
God is God Apart from Us
- Text – Isaiah 40 & Acts 17
- The greatness of God
- Main Point – God doesn’t need anything
God is God with Us
- Text – 1 John 4:7-12
- God is Love
- Main Point – God loved us by sending Jesus
- Text – Psalm 90
- God is Eternal
- Main Point – God is eternal
Holy, Holy, Holy God
- Text – Isaiah 6
- God is Holy
- Main Point – God is Holy
He Changes Not
- Text – Genesis 15- Exodus 12
- God keeps His promise to Abraham
- Main Point – God will never change
All Wisdom + All Power = God
- Text – Genesis 15-21
- Isaac – the Promised son
- Main Point – God is wise and powerful
God is All Good
- Text – Exodus 17 & Numbers 20
- God gives water from a rock
- Main Point – God is all good
Each lesson in this curriculum is designed to be taught over a 60-90 minute time frame to elementary students (K-6th) and includes the following elements: opening activities, large group worship, large group teaching guides, small group application activities for 2 different age groups, printable activity sheets, memory verse posters, take-home pages for family devotions and more.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
AUTHOR’S BIO: Bethany Darwin spent 20 years working full-time in children’s ministry before recently coming home to raise her son. During her years in children’s ministry, Bethany discovered gaps in available curriculum and often struggled to find a curriculum that worked in her church setting. It was this discovery that awakened a passion in her for writing children’s ministry curriculum.
Bethany is a popular curriculum writer for Ministry-to-children and you can find many resources of hers there. You can connect with Bethany through Facebook at ‘Treasure Trunk Books’ or on IG at ‘Treasure Trunk Kids.’ On these pages she shares articles and resources for families as well as what she is doing to point her little one to Christ. You can also find other resources of hers there. Bethany is a member of Faith Bible Church in Naples, Florida where she serves in children’s ministry.