“Splash” is a 7-week lesson series that takes kids on a wet & wild journey through the Bible while pointing to Jesus as the Living Water. Kids will experience familiar stories like Noah, Jonah, Jesus’ baptism, and others in a new way as they consider God’s authority over the water and how each of these stories points to salvation through Christ alone. Ultimately, the goal of this series is for children to be confronted with the Living Water (Jesus) and their individual need for salvation.
These lessons are written for children in grades K-5th and each lesson takes 60-90 minutes, making them perfect for Sunday School, Children’s Church, mid-week Bible study times, or even a summer camp with a water theme. Along with 7 full lessons, in “Splash” you will receive an outline for a water event with games, a suggested schedule, and a devotional that would be great to use as a kick-off or grand finale for the series.
Click here if you would like to download a free sample lesson.
7-Week Curriculum Schedule
Get on the Boat - Noah
- Text – Genesis 6-9
- Noah & the Ark
- Main Point –All God’s promises are yes in Jesus
Through the Water - Exodus
- Text – Exodus 14-15
- The Exodus
- Main Point – Jesus is the Only Way to God
Dip in the Water - Naaman
- Text – 2 Kings 5
- Naaman is healed from leprosy
- Main Point – God heals people’s hearts
Tossed in the Water - Jonah
- Text – Jonah
- Jonah is God’s Messenger
- Main Point – Jesus is the Word of God
Up Out of the Water – Jesus’ Baptism
- Text – Matthew 3, Luke 3 & John 1
- Jesus’ Baptism
- Main Point – Jesus is the Lamb of God
The Living Water
- Text – John 4:1-45
- Jesus and Samarian woman at the well
- Main Point – Jesus gives Living Water
Jesus Power Over the Water
- Text – Mathew 8 and Mark 4
- Jesus Calms the Storm
- Main Point – God is in control of everything
BONUS: Summer Splash Event
- Text – Exodus 17 & John 4
- God gives water from a rock & Jesus is the Living Water
- A water game event to help kids experience Jesus as the Living Water
The key verse for this unit is John 7:37b-38 -
Jesus stood up and cried out, “If anyone thirsts, let him come to me and drink. Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, ‘Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.’”
Each Lesson Contains
- Introductory Activity
- Large Group Worship Time: Welcome activity, Complete Bible Lesson – teaching materials for the Biblical text, Prayer, Song Suggestions
- Small-Group Lessons (2 options – ages 5-8 and ages 8-12): Review, Application, Memory Verse, Prayer
- All necessary printables and resources
- Take home – family devotional guide
Why Digital Only Curriculum?
- You get instant access to all files in 3 formats. A combined print-ready PDF, single lessons in PDF format - ideal for sharing by email, and single lessons in WORD format - ideal for editing.
- You have unlimited permission to print, copy, and share within your church or ministry group. Because it's digital, you can easily support families at home or use in a virtual setting.
- The download-only format costs half the price of a traditional printed curriculum.
Click here about us and our statement of faith.