There is nothing in this world that compares to God's Love. This 4-week study will help kids understand and appreciate this powerful truth. Built around the acronym L-O-V-E, each lesson will strengthen their personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
Click here to download the free sample lesson
About This Curriculum
- Perfect for ages 6 to 12
- Designed for small churches
- Instant digital download
- Flexible teaching activities
- Includes easy-print PDF format
- Includes easy-edit Microsoft Word files
- Unlimited permission to share directly with volunteers or families in your church
- NIV Translation Included, but adaptable to any Bible version
Each Lesson Includes
- Large group lesson
- K-1st small group discussion
- 2nd-5th small group discussion
- Memory verse activity
- Full color memory verse poster
- Multiple age-appropriate learning activities: craft, skit, or games
- Coloring sheet
- Parent take home sheet
The L.O.V.E. of God: 4-Week Overview
Lesson #1: God’s Love is (L) LONG-SUFFERING
- Big Idea: God is patient with us, even when we do things wrong. He lets us suffer the consequences of our sins, but also gives us the salvation we need to have forgiveness of those sins.
- Key Passage: Genesis 3 – The Fall: The story of Adam and Eve. When Adam and Eve disobey, God does not disown them. He lets them live outside of the garden and finds a way to bring salvation to humanity.
- Memory Verse: Genesis 3:23 “So, the Lord God banished him from the Garden of Eden to work the ground from which he had taken.”
Lesson #2: God’s Love is (O) ONE-OF-A-KIND
- Big Idea: God’s love is so amazing. He does extraordinary things for those who love Him, and He shows it in big ways throughout the Bible.
- Key Passage: Matthew 18:10-14. The parable of the Lost Sheep. God will seek those who are lost. He will find the “one” that has wandered and be as happy to find him as the man in the story.
- Memory Verse: Matthew 18:13 “And if he finds it, truly I tell you, he is happier about that one sheep than about the ninety-nine that didn’t wander off.”
Lesson #3: Title: God’s Love is (V) VICTORIOUS
- Big Idea: God loved His people and wanted them to spend eternity with Him. So, he gave his only son so they could be with Him in Heaven.
- Key Passage: John 3:1-21 – Jesus talks to Nicodemus
- Memory Verse: John 3:16 “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish, but have eternal life.”
Lesson #4: Title: God’s Love is (E) ETERNAL
- Big Idea: God has always loved me. He knew me even before I was born. His love for me is never ending.
- Key Passages: Psalm 139:13-18 – David speaking about how God has always known him. He was knit together in his mother’s womb and God ordained the days of his life. Luke 1:39-45 – Mary visits Elizabeth and her unborn child leaps when in the presence of Mary’s baby.
- Memory Verse: Psalm 139:13 – “For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb.”
we did the 1st lesson Sunday the 7th. The lessonn was easy to put together and the kids fully understood it all.