God's Rescue Plan: 4-Week Curriculum on the Birth of the Church (download only)
- Regular price
- $49.00 USD
- Regular price
- Sale price
- $49.00 USD
- Unit price
“God’s Rescue Plan: The Birth of the Church” is a 4-week lesson series focusing on the days and weeks following Jesus’ death and resurrection. In these lessons, students will hear Jesus’ final command to His disciples, see Jesus ascending to heaven, feel the coming of the Holy Spirit, and will experience the start of the new church.
The primary point we hope children will come to understand through this lesson is that the church is God’s chosen instrument to take the good news of Jesus around the world. As these lessons fall at the end of the gospels and the start of Acts, this series is an excellent follow-up to “Why Easter?” (our Easter lesson series) but it is written in such a way that it can be taught at any point of the year.
Click here if you would like to download a free sample lesson.
4-Week Curriculum Schedule
- Text – Matthew 28 & Acts 1
- The Great Commission
- Main Point – Jesus sends His disciples out to tell people about Him
- Text – Acts 1
- Jesus’ Ascension and the Promise of Jesus’ Return
- Main Point – Jesus is coming back one day
The Helper Comes
- Text – Acts 2:1-3
- Pentecost – The Coming of the Holy Spirit
- Main Point – God sent the Holy Spirit to be with His people
What is the Church?
- Text – Acts 2:42-47
- The First Church
- Main Point – The Church is God’s people in community
Each Lesson Contains
- Introductory Activity
- Large Group Worship Time: Welcome activity, Complete Bible Lesson – teaching materials for the Biblical text, Prayer, Song Suggestions
- Small Group Lessons (2 options – ages 5-8 and ages 8-12): Review, Application, Memory Verse, Prayer
- All necessary printables and resources
- Take home – family devotional guide
Why Digital Only Curriculum?
- You get instant access to all files in 3 formats. A combined print-ready PDF, single lessons in PDF format - ideal for sharing by email, and single lessons in WORD format - ideal for editing.
- You have unlimited permission to print, copy, and share within your church or ministry group. Because it's digital, you can easily support families at home or use in a virtual setting.
- The download-only format costs half the price of a traditional printed curriculum.
Click here about us and our statement of faith.
I was looking for something to use after Easter when I received an email about God’s Rescue Plan. I ordered the sample lesson and liked it so much I ordered the 4-week unit. It will take me longer than 4 weeks! Great ideas that I can develop to teach the kids in our church. Thank you for your ministry to children leaders!
Looking forward to using this curriculum for the weeks leading up to Pentecost Sunday in May! Wish there was a section for preschoolers! Will be adapting options for younger children.