Start 2021 with the GOSPEL!
“New Year New Life” is a 4-week Sunday School series designed to help kids (and teachers) start the year off right by focusing on the good news of the gospel. After the chaos of 2020, what better way could there be to start 2021 than by helping kids to see what it means to start a new life with Jesus. For the sake of these lessons, we will be following a simple gospel outline of God, Man, Christ, Response.
We have no idea what 2021 will hold, but we can know the One (God) who does. These lessons help kids see their need for salvation and give kids who are already believers a framework for talking to their friends about Jesus.
You can download the 2nd lesson as a free sample.
4-Week Curriculum Overview
- GOD Made a Perfect World
- Text - Genesis 1-2 – The Creation Account
Main point – God created a perfect world and people to be in a perfect relationship with Him
- MAN Sinned Against God
- Text – Genesis 3 – The Fall
- Main point - Everyone has sinned and gone against God’s perfect plan
- JESUS Came to Earth to Die for Sinners
- Text – Matthew 26 & 27 – Jesus’ Arrest and Trials
- Main point - Jesus paid the full penalty for sin
- God Calls us to RESPOND to Him
- Text – Acts 2 – Peter’s Sermon at Pentecost
- Main point - Jesus is both Lord & Christ
EACH LESSON INCLUDES
- Introductory Activity
- Large Group Worship Time
- Welcome activity
- Study God’s Word – teaching materials for the Biblical text
- 3 song suggestions
- Small Group Lessons (2 options – ages 5-8 and ages 8-12)
- Memory Verse
- All necessary printables and resources
- Take home – family devotional guide
ABOUT THIS CURRICULUM
- Perfect for ages 4-11 (grades K-6 in the USA)
- 4-weeks of teaching material
- 112 pages of material
- Requires 45 minutes – 1 hour per lesson
- Scripture verses from from ESV
- This is an instant download curriculum
The key verse for this unit is Romans 6:23 - For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Bethany Darwin spent 20 years working full time in children’s ministry before recently coming home to raise her son. During her years in children’s ministry, Bethany discovered gaps in the available curriculum and often struggled to find a curriculum that worked in her church setting. It was this discovery that awakened a passion in her for writing children’s ministry curriculum.
Bethany is a popular curriculum writer for Ministry-to-children and you can find many resources of hers there. You can connect with Bethany through Facebook at ‘Treasure Trunk Books’ or on IG at ‘Treasure Trunk Kids.’ On these pages, she shares articles and resources for families as well as what she is doing to point her little one to Christ. You can also find other resources of hers there. Bethany is a member of Faith Bible Church in Naples, Florida where she serves in children’s ministry.
ABOUT THE SUNDAY SCHOOL STORE
Church budgets are tight. That's why our fresh digital curriculum is half the cost of stale printed material. Even when finances are limited, your teaching can make an eternal difference.
The Sunday School Store opened its virtual doors in April 2020 and has become the fastest growing resource provider for children's ministry. Our powerful new curriculum is making a difference in thousands of churches who value Biblical faithfulness and good stewardship of ministry budgets.
This 4 week curriculum is a great way to start the new year with God’s word. We did this with our Sunday School kiddos and it is to the Gospel Point!