“Thankful Still (even in 2020)” is a 4-week Sunday School series designed to remind children (and adults) that even when things seem bad, that we have so much to be thankful for.
In these 4 lessons, students will see that some things never change and that we can always give thanks for these things. This curriculum also includes a month-long Thanksgiving Challenge where each week students will add to the challenge and hopefully develop an attitude of gratitude by the end of the month.
You can download the 1st lesson as a free sample.
4-Week Curriculum Overview
- Thankful Still for Who God is!
- Scripture Text - Isaiah 40 & Acts 17
- The main point – God doesn’t need anything
- Thanksgiving Challenge – Who can thank the most?
- Thankful Sill That God Hears My Prayers!
- Scripture Text – Matthew 6
- The Main Point - Prayer is about a relationship with God
- Thanksgiving Challenge – Gratitude Journal
- Thankful Still for the Cross!
- Scripture Text - John 18 & 19
- The main point – Jesus brought people back into a relationship with God
- Thanksgiving Challenge – Thank You Notes for Pastors, Teachers & Missionaries
- Thankful Sill That God Didn’t Leave Us Alone!
- Scripture Text – Acts 1-2
- The main point - God sent the Holy Spirit to be with His people
- Thanksgiving Challenge – Memorize thanksgiving Bible verses
EACH LESSON INCLUDES
- Introductory Activity
- Thanksgiving Challenge
- Large Group Worship Time
- Welcome activity
- Study God’s Word – teaching materials for the Biblical text
- 3 songs
- Small-Group Lessons (2 options – ages 5-8 and ages 8-12)
- Memory Verse
- All necessary printables and resources
- Take home – family devotional guide with everything families will need for thanksgiving challenges
ABOUT THIS CURRICULUM
- Perfect for ages 4-11 (grades K-6 in the USA)
- 4-weeks of teaching material
- Suggested use dates in 2020: November 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd
- 109 pages of material
- Requires 45 minutes – 1 hour per lesson
- Scripture verses from from ESV
- Bonus PPT and image slide for virtual teachers
- This is an instant download curriculum
The key verse for this unit is 1 Chronicles 16:34
"Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good;
for his steadfast love endures forever!"
1 Chronicles 16:34
Links to Suggested Worship Songs
In the Large Group Worship time, songs have been suggested. Here are links for the suggested songs.
- Forever God – Sovereign Grace Kids
- Awesome God
- Almighty Creator – Sovereign Grace Kids
- Hey Man – Seeds Family Worship
- The Power of the Cross
- He Made a Way in a Manger
- The Life – Seeds Family Worship
- Jesus Came to Save Sinners – Village Kids
- Jesus Came to Earth – Sovereign Grace Kids
- Have Your Heard? – Sovereign Grace Kids
- Three in One – Sovereign Grace Kids
- Mighty Mighty Savior – Sovereign Grace Kids
Ideas and Inspiration for Thanksgiving Lessons
ABOUT BETHANY DARWIN
AUTHOR’S BIO: Bethany Darwin spent 20 years working full time in children’s ministry before recently coming home to raise her son. During her years in children’s ministry, Bethany discovered gaps in the available curriculum and often struggled to find a curriculum that worked in her church setting. It was this discovery that awakened a passion in her for writing children’s ministry curriculum.
Bethany is a popular curriculum writer for Ministry-to-children and you can find many resources of hers there. You can connect with Bethany through Facebook at ‘Treasure Trunk Books’ or on IG at ‘Treasure Trunk Kids.’ On these pages, she shares articles and resources for families as well as what she is doing to point her little one to Christ. You can also find other resources of hers there. Bethany is a member of Faith Bible Church in Naples, Florida where she serves in children’s ministry.
ABOUT THE SUNDAY SCHOOL STORE
Church budgets are tight. That's why our fresh digital curriculum is half the cost of stale printed material. Even when finances are limited, your teaching can make an eternal difference.
The Sunday School Store opened its virtual doors in April 2020 and has become the fastest growing resource provider for children's ministry. Our powerful new curriculum is making a difference in thousands of churches who value Biblical faithfulness and good stewardship of ministry budgets.
The lessons are very good - we are doing them in February - they are appropriate all year! My teachers seem to like them, also. The one thing that could be improved is if the teaching materials pages were noted with the names given them during the lessons. It would help a lot.