“Challenges” are wildly popular on YouTube and social media. This series captures some of the family friendly fun to teach kids about following Jesus. Children will love these game-based lessons that points them back to the ultimate challenge – deciding to follow Jesus and live a life devoted to God.
You are viewing the free sample lesson. Use this material to evaluate the larger series before you purchase. Click here to buy the complete 8-week curriculum.
This curriculum is flexible enough to handle a wide range of age groups in even the smallest Sunday school. We have included “more than enough” with each lesson to help you adapt to every teaching situation. Use what you can to teach the main idea, even if your class time does not allow for all activities.
ABOUT THIS CURRICULUM
- Perfect for ages 6 to 12
- Designed for small churches
- Instant digital download
- Flexible teaching activities
- Includes easy-print PDF format
- Includes easy-edit Microsoft Word files
- Unlimited permission to share directly with volunteers or families in your church
- NIV Translation Included, but adaptable to any Bible version
EACH LESSON INCLUDES
- Large group lesson
- K-1st small group discussion
- 2nd-5th small group discussion
- Memory verse activity
- Full color memory verse poster
- Multiple age-appropriate learning activities: craft, skit, or games
- Coloring sheet
- Parent take home sheet
SAMPLE LESSON SUMMARY
Lesson #1: The Whisper Challenge
- Big Idea: Many people believe that God’s voice is booming down from Heaven like a mighty wind, but often God speaks to us in a whisper.
- Key Passage: 1 Kings 19:9-18 Elijah’s encounter with God. Elijah is being hunted for being devoted to God. The word of the Lord comes to him and he commands him to go to the mountain to wait for God. Although he thinks his voice and presence will be like an earthquake or fire, it is just a whisper.
Great lesson! Easy to follow and the kids love it!
I love how a there is always a gospel connection to a fun activity. Helps kids remember, learn, and recall in times of need.