"FAITH OVER FEAR" 5 WEEK STUDY FOR BACK-TO-SCHOOL
How will kids handle the normal fears of going back-to-school? Where can they find help for the natural anxiety caused by the pandemic? More than ever, children need to learn how God can overcome their fears. This curriculum will help kids trust God in every situation, especially when coming back to school in 2020.
“Faith Over Fear” is a 5-week Sunday School digital curriculum series designed to point your kids to God as their hope and refuge. In these 5 lessons, students will be introduced to the concept of faith through the stories of some of the heroes of faith that we read about in Hebrews 11.
Don't miss the 2nd unit in this series, "MORE FAITH / LESS FEAR"
EACH LESSON INCLUDES
- Introductory Activity
- Large Group Worship Time
- Welcome activity
- Study God’s Word – teaching materials for the Biblical text
- 3 song suggestions
- Small Group Lessons (2 options – ages 5-8 and ages 8-12)
- Memory Verse
- All necessary printables and resources
- Take home – family devotional guide
BONUS VIRTUAL GUIDE
Because of the challenge of online ministry, we've updated this curriculum with additional material for remote teaching. This makes sure you can easily adapt the series to different formats.
- At Home / Virtual Teaching guide
- Daily Family Activities
Because this material is so content rich, some teachers have used it over a 10 week period in a virtual setting.
5 WEEK OVERVIEW OF LESSONS
- Faith Over Fear – defining faith from Hebrews 11:1
- Walk This Way: Enoch – Walking with God takes faith.
- Moving Day: Abraham – God is always in control.
- Rock-a-Bye Baby: Moses – God is a refuge for His people.
- And What More Shall I Say? – the stories of those in the Old Testament who waited by faith - Jesus fulfills all God’s promises.
The key verse for this unit is Hebrews 11:1 - “Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.”
All Scripture references are taken from the ESV version of the Bible. Read why Bethany wrote this curriculum and see some additional teaching helps she recommends.
SUGGESTED WORSHIP SONGS
In the Large Group Worship time, songs have been suggested. Here are the links to those songs if you choose to use the same songs. These are not included in the curriculum purchase, but are available from the links below.
- Forever God – Sovereign Grace Kids
- Awesome God – Cedarmont Kids
- By Faith – Seeds Family Worship
- Walk in His Ways – Seeds Family Worship
- For You Are Holy – Sovereign Grace Kids
- To God Be the Glory
- Jesus Came to Save Sinners – The Village Church
- Mighty Mighty Savior – Sovereign Grace Kids
- A Mighty Fortress is our God – Shai Linne – (or the traditional hymn)
- Grace – Seeds Family Worship
- Your Love – Sovereign Grace Kids
ABOUT BETHANY DARWIN
AUTHOR’S BIO: Bethany Darwin spent 20 years working full time in children’s ministry before recently coming home to raise her son. During her years in children’s ministry, Bethany discovered gaps in the available curriculum and often struggled to find a curriculum that worked in her church setting. It was this discovery that awakened a passion in her for writing children’s ministry curriculum.
Bethany is a popular curriculum writer for Ministry-to-children and you can find many resources of hers there. You can connect with Bethany through Facebook at ‘Treasure Trunk Books’ or on IG at ‘Treasure Trunk Kids.’ On these pages, she shares articles and resources for families as well as what she is doing to point her little one to Christ. You can also find other resources of hers there. Bethany is a member of Faith Bible Church in Naples, Florida where she serves in children’s ministry.